Thursday, July 8, 2010

Why won't God heal amputees?

http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/bible.htm

Thought provoking web site.  Very well written.  Fundamentalist christianity leads one to believe that with enough faith and prayer God will heal.  Many people have felt like God abandoned them or didn't love them when their miracle did not come.  As a nurse, I see surgeons healing, I see doctor's healing with medicine, but I don't see God reversing dementia or renewing lost kidney or organ function.  I don't doubt that there are miracles, but in 35 years of nursing I have not seen one.  What I do see are people that need good medical care in order to live long productive lives.  I don't question people's faith in Jesus or God to heal, but as a society we have to accept that lack of good medical care is inhumane.